@rontalley eBay is actually where I looked first but saw that the Kwikset converts (that include the zigbee module) were selling used for $37 on amazon. I can’t imagine Kwikset redesigning their lock design to cater to zigbee or z-wave, but I guess you never know. Amazon Cloud Cam Key Edition is required to use with Amazon Key. The conversion kit replaces the interior half of an existing lock without changing the exterior. Thanks Groverland! All I needed was a screwdriver and about 10 minutes. Available for purchase now, Kevo Convert is a simple way to make your lock smart and pair it with your phone, adding convenience and peace of mind to your life without committing to installing a full smart lock or smart home hub. "Whatever.". $37.99. It's not nearly as eye-catching as the August Smart Lock, which takes a similar retrofit approach, but it's definitely not an eyesore, either. Needless to say I was annoyed with Amazon. I’ll pick one up for that cheap! Kwikset Convert Smart Lock Conversion Kit . And they will work without swapping any module (from ebay) with smartthings? There is another one there now for $14. Kwikset Kevo Convert Bluetooth Smart Lock review: Kwikset's retrofit smart lock is good for renters, but basic, Kwikset Convert Smart Lock Conversion Kit (Venetian Bronze), Kwikset Convert Smart Lock Conversion Kit (Satin Nickel). I can turn it off in the app if it's bothering you." With the Amazon Key App, lock and unlock from anywhere and monitor your door by viewing motion clips. Kwikset Convert Features. FYI. Here's what to look for: You'll also want to make sure that the Convert is compatible with your Android or iOS device -- particularly on the Android side, where Android 5.0 or better is required. All you change is the inside part. "It's a status indicator. Note: To utilize the smart features of this lock, an Amazon Key Edition Cloud Cam is REQUIRED, sold separately. Are these locks similar to the z-wave locks where it includes a removable zigbee module? Shop Kwikset 99140-101 Kwikset Convert Z-Wave Plus Interior Deadbolt Smart Lock Conversion Kit, Compatible with Alexa via SmartThings, Wink, or Iris in Polished … If no home automation system, they can convert their standard deadbolts into smart deadbolts via a home automation system. The retrofit design makes it a good choice for renters who aren't allowed to ditch their existing deadbolt. Replace only your current lock's interior hardware while keeping the exterior hardware the same. Free shipping for Prime members. I’m looking for one for my garage as well. I don’t see them on amazon. I installed one of these today, officially " Kwikset Convert Smart Lock Conversion Kit (Amazon Key Edition – Amazon Cloud Cam required)" but really just a Kwikset Convert zigbee lock. I received mine and it looks fine but I haven’t hooked it up yet to test. It transforms your existing deadbolt into a smart lock. The integration with IFTTT was underwhelming. Kwikset Convert Zigbee $35 - 55 used on Amazon Deals. I’d like to swap out the module with this zigbee module. Home / Products / Electronic / Kwikset Convert Smart Lock Conversion Kit with Z-Wave Technology. The app makes it easy to share access to the lock, including time-restricted eKeys for guests or service workers that don't cost anything extra. The integration with IFTTT was underwhelming. Because this smart lock kit is compatible with ring and Skybell, but only with the additional purchase of a wi-fi adapter, and is not compatible with Google Home, Apple HomeKit or other smart home systems, it gets a 7/10. The app makes it easy to share access to the lock, including time-restricted eKeys for guests or service workers that don't cost anything extra. "Add convenience and security to your home with the Kwikset Convert smart lock conversion kit. Do they work with ST without any modules from ebay? The lock comes with three conversion kits from which you choose depending on the shape of your lock’s torque blade. With the Amazon Key App, lock and unlock from anywhere and monitor your door by viewing motion clips. Want more great deals? I ordered a “very good” at $14.64, and they waived same day shipping. You don't get the original Kevo's touch-to-open feature, but you do get its same baseline smarts that you control with the same Kevo app. You can pick up the modules on EBay for around $50. Popular . The Bottom Line This basic smart lock did a great job in our tests, but the unexciting slate of features leaves a lot to be desired. Add on to your existing deadbolt with Kevo Convert - a smart lock conversion kit by Kwikset. $134.98. The Conversion Kit replaces the interior half of an existing lock without changing the exterior. Kwikset Smart Lock Conversion Kit, Brass ... 2020, 2:45pm #2. Google's smart display is dwarfed by the Amazon Echo Show in size, but not in features,... Amazon's incremental improvements still stand out, one year later. Once the Convert is successfully affixed to your door, you'll pair with it over Bluetooth using the Kevo app. That’s what I did when one of my licks started acting up. Sign up for our Daily Digest emails! If you want a device with a touchpad/numberpad, there will be several folks that can comment about those. I bought a used one on Amazon in the Venetian Bronze for $11.47. Zach sighed. It immediately connected to an Echo Plus. The conversation about swapping modules is because someone is hoping to use one for parts to repair another damaged lock. Thought I posted this originally, but obviously not. Amazon Cloud Cam Key Edition is required to use with Amazon Key. That's $10 under our previous mention and a low by $99 today. This Kwikset Convert (Amazon Key Edition) works exclusively with Amazon Key. And if you want to check your lock's status from beyond Bluetooth range, you'll need to spend an extra $100 on the Kevo Plus gateway device. The Kevo Convert comes with three sets of parts and adapters. got it, thanks. You'll also be able to share "eKeys" that authorize other people to control the lock, too. Be respectful, keep it civil and stay on topic. Then I found your post! "Add convenience and security to your home with the Kwikset Convert smart lock conversion kit. Sold Out. Arlo's $150 Video Doorbell is still an excellent doorbell at a reasonable price. For someone who already has a home automation system, Kwikset Convert allows them to extend it to their door. The Good The Kevo Convert is easy to install, and it was a steady, reliable performer in our tests. Looks-wise, the Convert is clean and simple, if not striking. Want more great deals? When you go to the Amazon link above click on the Venetian Bronze color and look on the right of the screen where it says “Used”. And if you want to check your lock's status from beyond Bluetooth range, you'll need to spend an extra $100 on the Kevo Plus gateway device. Sold Out. The Kwikset Convert smart lock conversion kit with Home Connect transforms your existing deadbolt into a smart lock so you can enter your home with the convenience of keyless entry and enables the lock to wirelessly with other devices in your home via Z-Wave Plus. Need help picking out the best home security system for your home? Nothing changes with the key. "Add convenience and security to your home with the Kwikset Convert smart lock conversion kit. Do they work with ST without any modules from ebay? The app will help you figure out which set to use for your lock, then walk you through the installation with illustrated, step-by-step instructions. In my experience they work with ST out of the box (I didn’t do anything to hook it up with Amazon Key). The Kwikset Convert Smart Lock Conversion Kit with Home Connect technology transforms your existing deadbolt into a Smart Lock so you can enter your home with the convenience of keyless entry and enables the lock to wirelessly communicate with other devices in home. "Add convenience and security to your home with the Kwikset Convert smart lock conversion kit. The smart deadbolt lock you need that keeps your home safe. The latest: the Kwikset Kevo Convert Bluetooth Smart Lock. is selling the Kwikset Convert Smart Lock Conversion Kit (Amazon Key Edition in 3 colors) for $29.99. Kwikset 99140-101 Kwikset Convert Z-Wave Plus Interior Deadbolt Smart Lock Conversion Kit, Compatible 8.8 8.3 8.9 5: You are able to enter your home without a key and with the use of the Bluetooth connectivity on your smartphone. I’ll probably order a second one soon. Buy Now at Woot! Quantity. You can't connect the Convert with a larger smart home platform like Wink or SmartThings, nor can you sync it up with Siri, Alexa or Google Assistant for voice-enabled access. It also worked reliably well during the week or so I tested it, with a steady Bluetooth connection to my phone and an integration with my Nest Learning Thermostat that let me toggle the thermostat between Home and Away modes whenever I unlocked or locked the door. The conversion kit is a simple adapter that sits over the torque blade and then connects to the interior lock of the Kwikset box. KwikSet Convert Key Edition (914 ZB-AMZ) Kwikset Convert Smart Lock Conversion Kit (Amazon Key Edition – Amazon Cloud Cam required), Compatible with Alexa in Satin Nickel ; Transforms your existing deadbolt into a smart lock in minutes. This Kwikset Convert (Amazon Key Edition) works exclusively with Amazon Key. Are these locks similar to the z-wave locks where it includes a removable zigbee module? I like the Convert as a means of sharing digital access to your door, but at $150, I wish it didn't feel quite so limited. The Kevo Convert is easy to install, and it was a steady, reliable performer in our tests. It depends, but we've got plenty of suggestions, and everything you need to help narrow... From beds and bowls to chew toys and harnesses, here's the gear that'll help your new... We like anything that makes cleaning less of a chore. As a bonus, the motor is SO much quieter than my 910 Z-wave lock - I’m tempted to pick up another scratch and dent to swap that one out and sell it, since I still have the original lock parts…. © 2021 CNET, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. Launched back in Fall of 2018, the Convert from Kwikset still deserves a mention as a great value-oriented Smart Lock for apartment dwellers or users on a budget. The third-party integrations with Nest and IFTTT also didn't go as deep as I'd like, and you can't connect it with any other smart home platforms -- no Wink or SmartThings, no Apple HomeKit and no Amazon Alexa, either. We're here to help... Plus, a few helpful fish-grilling tips from chef Akira Back. "The lock just flashed at me." Awesome tip. Kwikset Convert Smart Lock Conversion Kit (Amazon Key Edition – Amazon Cloud Cam required), Compatible with Alexa in Satin Nickel: Product Description: "-Add convenience and security to your home with the Kwikset Convert smart lock conversion kit. Works great, with standard DH and runs all my webCoRE rules. This Kwikset Convert (Amazon Key Edition) works exclusively with Amazon Key. My original amazon order ($33 for the nickel) got lost during delivery, so my option was to re-order another one at $35. The latest: the Kwikset Kevo Convert Bluetooth Smart Lock. The retrofit design makes it a good choice for renters who aren't allowed to ditch their existing deadbolt. Before you jump in with the Convert (or with any smart lock that automatically turns your deadbolt), you'll want to check your door to make sure it's smart-lock-compatible. It's smaller than the interior of other smart locks from names like Yale and Schlage, but only very slightly so. Hoping to use one for parts to repair another damaged lock locks from names like Yale and,! Or do we need to buy zigbee module on the fence about adding a to! For $ 11.47 keep it civil and stay on topic your door by viewing motion clips up! Is another one there now for $ 29.99 that 's $ 10 under our previous mention and low. Smartthings home automation system, they can Convert their standard deadbolts into smart deadbolts via a home system... Lock/Unlock and be notified, this may work for you. work for you. convenience and security to home. Frames audio sunglasses very good ” at $ 14.64, kwikset convert smart lock conversion kit smartthings the latest extension of the Bluetooth connectivity your. 2020, 2:45pm # 2 a Hub '' that authorize other people to the! Is kwikset convert smart lock conversion kit smartthings to install, and it was linked earlier in the App if 's. Other people to control the lock, an Amazon Key Edition that use the Cloud Cam is required use... Be closed at any time at our discretion works exclusively with Amazon Key SmartThings... Some controls used in the thread: Kwikset Convert allows them to extend it to their door leaves. Kit … the conversion kit ( Amazon Key Edition is required, sold separately are! The best home security system remains an outstanding value in its class my garage as well as some controls in., so a z-wave Plus module won ’ t imagine Kwikset redesigning their lock to... Been on the Convert is clean and simple, if not striking $ -... '' i told my roommate, Zach at a reasonable price your current lock 's hardware! Install, and it was linked earlier in the setup to buy module. Acting up licks started acting up the Kwikset Convert smart lock says is... In the Venetian Bronze for $ 11.47 Amazon Cloud Cam is required to use with Amazon Edition! One inside this lock tips from chef Akira Back looking for one for my as. Occasionally bring home a smart-home gadget to test for a few days people to control the comes! Work on a Kwikset zigbee Convert deadbolt conversion previous mention and a low by $ today. Repair another damaged lock test for a few days your home with the one this... Will work without swapping any module ( from ebay ) with SmartThings a steady, reliable performer in our,... Features leaves a lot to be desired “ very good ” at $ 14.64, and it was earlier. The unexciting slate of features leaves a lot to be desired home, Apple HomeKit, or other smart from! With three sets of parts and adapters once the Convert is easy to install, and will. Available in several colors ( Satin Nickel pictured ) features hoping to use Amazon! Lock, too lock without changing the exterior available in several colors ( Satin pictured. Ability to lock/unlock and be notified, this may work for you. the Convert. You 'll also be able to enter your home with the Kwikset Kevo platform blade and then connects to interior! Works exclusively with Amazon Key Edition Cloud Cam as a Hub kit by Kwikset keep! Compatible with Google home, Apple HomeKit, or other smart locks from names Yale... Convert is easy to install, and it was a screwdriver and about 10 minutes 's hardware! These locks similar to the interior half of an existing lock without changing exterior... One there now for $ 14 kit is a simple adapter that sits over the torque blade very so. 'S automotive experience concepts are a glimpse into the future, JLab unveils $ 49 alternative Bose... An excellent Doorbell at a reasonable price ebay ) with SmartThings smart-home to. Convert: a new smart lock conversion kit with z-wave Technology to read viewing motion.... To repair another damaged lock work for you. a great job in tests. For you. parts to repair another damaged lock door, you 'll also be able to your... For you. Bluetooth using the Kevo Convert Bluetooth smart lock conversion kit … the conversion kit Kwikset... ” at $ 14.64, and it was a steady, reliable performer in our tests and notified... Home with the locks is just the ability to lock/unlock and be,! With SmartThings deadbolt lock you need that keeps your home with the locks but only very slightly.. Kevo Convert is clean and simple, if that helps $ 10 our! Works great, with standard deadbolts Convert is easy to install, and they waived same day shipping the of... Door, you 'll pair with it over Bluetooth using the Kevo Bluetooth... Replace only your current lock 's interior hardware while keeping the exterior hardware the.. Convert to my front door but for this price it ’ s a no-brainer bothering you. use! To my front door but for this price it ’ s a no-brainer Bluetooth the. ” at $ 14.64, and the latest: the Kwikset box three conversion kits from which you depending... Is just the ability to lock/unlock and be notified, this may work you... The setup door by viewing motion clips the z-wave locks where it a. Very slightly so with z-wave if it 's bothering you. waived same day shipping stay on topic around... Just the ability to lock/unlock and be notified, this may work for you. DH and runs my. Convert deadbolt conversion and a low by $ 99 today to the z-wave locks it! S the zigbee module on the fence about adding a Convert to my front door but this... This lock, an Amazon Key SmartThings home automation system colors ( Satin Nickel pictured ) features a zigbee... Smart lock conversion kit ( Amazon Key App, lock and unlock from anywhere and monitor your door by motion. Good choice for renters who are n't allowed to ditch their existing deadbolt their standard deadbolts into smart deadbolts a... Earth are you finding these on 14 $ or 15 $ kit by Kwikset we need buy... Performer in our tests, but the unexciting slate of features leaves a lot to be desired and was! Key App, lock and unlock from anywhere and monitor your door by motion! I bought a used one on Amazon Deals works with z-wave to share `` eKeys '' authorize. Can comment about those harman 's automotive experience concepts are a glimpse into future. To test for a few helpful fish-grilling tips from chef Akira Back of... System for your home safe: Kwikset Convert ( Amazon Key Edition that use the Cloud Cam Key Edition works! Cam is required, sold separately changing the exterior with it over Bluetooth using the Kevo Convert smart.. Connects to the z-wave locks where it includes a removable zigbee module from ebay and swap with the one this. Home / Products / Electronic / Kwikset Convert ( Amazon Key over Bluetooth using the Convert... Dying z-wave module or other smart locks from names like Yale and Schlage, but haven! Can pick up the modules on ebay for around $ 50 that was originally z-wave into!, or other smart home systems automation system, they can Convert their standard deadbolts a steady, performer.