Thou hast possessed — Or, thou dost possess, my reins — The most inward and hidden part of my body, supposed also to be the seat of men’s lusts and passions: thou dwellest in them, thou art the owner and governor of them, and therefore must needs know them. Your Spirit?…. If we manage to dodge Him in this life, we must still stand exposed before Him on that fearful day of judgment. An EasyEnglish Translation with Notes (about 1200 word vocabulary) on Psalm 139. www.easyenglish.bible. Some of the Jewish doctors are of opinion that this is the most excellent of all the psalms of David; and a very pious devout meditation it is upon the doctrine of God's omniscience, which we should therefore have our hearts fixed upon and filled with in singing this psalm. 139:6 with the next paragraph. Psalm 139:16 King James Version (KJV). No disguise can save any person or action from being seen in the true light by him. Tucker and Grant consider a mo… We imagine standing on a shore and wondering just how many grains of sand fill the beach – yet God’s thoughts are more in number. ... Psalm 139:1-6, 13-16, 23-24 Commentary. i. b. God hears every word we speak. We fully respect if you want to refuse cookies but to avoid asking you again and again kindly allow us to store a cookie for that. “The Psalmist speaks of God as a Person everywhere present in creation, yet distinct from creation. 4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. Do I not hate them, O LORD, who hate You? 139. Your enemies take Your name in vain. “He awakes from sleep, and is conscious of glad wonder to find that, like a tender mother by her slumbering child, God has been watching over him, and that all the blessed communion of past days abides as before.” (Maclaren), ii. Ponder the words of this Psalm; they will truly bring joy to your heart. Psalm 139 1 Psalm 139 For the director of music. Psalm 139 - For the Chief Musician. Long before God “fearfully and wonderfully made” you, he knew what you would be like and what you would do. “Divine knowledge is perfect, since not a single word is unknown, nay, not even an unspoken word, and each one is ‘altogether’ or wholly known.” (Spurgeon). c. And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth: Here David used the phrase lowest parts of the earth to refer to any mysterious, unseen place. ii. i. These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our website and application for you in order to enhance your experience. i. Even in hell, God will be present because there is no place where God cannot be. “Thou art in heaven, in thy glory; in hell, in thy vindictive justice; and in all parts of earth, water, space, place, or vacuity, by thy omnipresence.” (Clarke). “The abrupt change in the psalm from reverie to resolve is disturbing, but wholly biblical in its realism.” (Kidner), ii. We cannot think how many mercies we have received from him. “Light flies with inconceivable rapidity, and it flashes far afield beyond all human ken; it illuminates the great and wide sea, and sets its waves gleaming afar; but its speed would utterly fail if employed in flying from the Lord.” (Spurgeon). The KJV the word "continuance" was used. “All my postures, gestures, practices…whether I sit, stand, walk, lie; thou searchest and knowest all. Psalm 51:1; Psalm 69:28) refers to God’s knowledge and blessing of his child ‘all the days’ of his life (cf. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. Due to security reasons we are not able to show or modify cookies from other domains. My frame was not hidden from You, O LORD, You have searched me and known me.You know my sitting down and my rising up;You understand my thought afar off.You comprehend my path and my lying down,And are acquainted with all my ways.For there is not a word on my tongue,But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.You have hedged me behind and before,And laid Your hand upon me.Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;It is high, I cannot attain it.a. Ps. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. “He is not alarmed at the fact that God knows all about him; on the contrary, he is comforted, and even feels himself to be enriched, as with a casket of precious jewels. "For the Chief Musician" (Hebrew: menasseah––leader). “A good man hates, as God himself doth: he hates not the persons of men, but their sins; not what God made them, but what they have made themselves.” (Horne), iii. “It is a serious thing to pray, because it invites painful exposures and surgery, if we truly mean it. Psalm 139 King James Version (KJV). In the psalms, this word is often used to mean the music leader. Psalm 139:16 “Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Explanation and Commentary of Psalm 139:16. NKJV Psalms 139 God’s Perfect Knowledge of Man For the Chief Musician. i. 3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Psalms 139:5 Context. “The hymnic nature of the first eighteen verses seems to support the claims of Hermann Gunkel and Claus Westermann” (915). A Psalm of David. For the director of music. You [a]comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. are miracles enough (between head and feet) to fill a volume.” (Trapp), v. “If we are marvelously wrought upon even before we are born, what shall we say of the Lord’s dealings with us after we quit his secret workshop, and he directs our pathway through the pilgrimage of life? There has been considerable debate about the precise genre of this psalm. Nothing past, present or future is hidden from Him. To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. i. One of the greatest truths in life which we all know, but which we all must come to learn, is that there is no escape from God. “The final words could be translated ‘the ancient way’ as in Jeremiah 6:16 (cf. 263 - A God Near at Hand. It would help to keep us in the fear of the Lord all the day long, if, when we wake in the morning, our first thoughts were of him: and how shall we admire and bless our God for his precious salvation, when we awake in the world of glory! 3 You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me,” (1-6) He is every where present. When prayed sincerely, this is something of a dangerous prayer – worthy, yet dangerous. No veil can hide us from God; not the thickest darkness. if there be any wicked way in me, let me see it; and do thou root it out of me. d. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed: What David (and others) could not see, God could see perfectly. A Plea for Relief from PersecutorsA #Ps. “The piety and charity which are patiently endured in the field, and on the bed of sickness; the misery and torment inflicted by persecution in the mines, the galleys, and the dungeons; all are under the inspection of Jehovah, and are noted down by him against the day of recompense.” (Horne). He knows what rule we walk by, what end we walk toward, what company we walk with. David’s adoration filled him with zeal for God’s honor. Matthew Henry’s Bible Commentary (concise), Matthew Henry Bible Commentary (complete), California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. When I was made in secret, Font Size. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, We know far more than David ever did about how we are made, and it should make us full of more awe and praise than David ever had. When I am withdrawn from all company, thou knowest what I have in my heart. i. “Here he argueth God’s omniscience from his omnipresence.” (Trapp), ii. 139:6 "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me" The Septuagint puts Ps. Otherwise you will be prompted again when opening a new browser window or new a tab. What has been already said of deeds and thoughts is now extended to "words." 35:8Contemplation of David. Share an animated Scripture eCard or a cute and funny ecard with your family and friends, it’s easy! i. Skillfully wrought: “Hebrew embroidered; exquisitely composed of bones, and muscles, and sinews, and veins, and arteries, and other parts, all framed with such wonderful skill, that even heathens, upon the contemplation of all the parts of man’s body, and how excellently they were framed, both for beauty and use, have broken forth into pangs of admiration and adoration of the Creator of man.” (Poole). In some respects, here he also added scientist to his accomplishments. i. What was true for David is true for all who trust in the LORD. Check to enable permanent hiding of message bar and refuse all cookies if you do not opt in. 3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. We should regard such birth defects as injuries to God’s original design, and even as a person may be injured out of the womb, so they can be injured while still in the womb and in the process of formation. There has been considerable debate about the precise genre of this psalm. A Psalm of David. c. You understand my thought afar off: God not only knew the smallest aspects of David’s everyday life; He also knew his thoughts. The workings of the human body are stunning in their design and execution. Ps. We sometimes reject what God and His word say about us and our condition; we should recognize that He knows us better than we know ourselves. “Heaven is the seat of his glory, creation the scene of his providence, and the grave itself will be the theatre of his power.” (Horne), iii. He is the One who knows all things. 32:titlewhen he was in the cave.I cry out to the Lord with my voice;With my voice to the Lord I make my supplication. Notice that the topic in Psalms 139:15-16 was David's forming body while hidden in the womb. In the psalms, this word is often used to mean the music leader. The psalmist gives God credit for preparing him in the womb. Click on the different category headings to find out more. 5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. A Psalm of David. O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. The days fashioned for me, Our website uses cookies to store user preferences. A Plea for Relief from PersecutorsA #Ps. Ver. If you do not want that we track your visit to our site you can disable tracking in your browser here: We also use different external services like Google Webfonts, Google Maps, and external Video providers. The prayer of the writer of Psalm 139, King David, showed that he obviously wanted to be in the centre of the will of God. It is more profitable to meditate on Divine truths, applying them to our own cases, and with hearts lifted to God in prayer, than with a curious or disputing frame of mind. 2 b You know my sitting down and my rising up; You c understand my thought afar off. These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features. Psalm 139. In Psalm 139 David acknowledges, in great wonder and awe, God's omniscient care in guiding his life and expresses his solidarity with God against the wicked. The theme overwhelms me. A Psalm by David. ii. This showed how much he cared for holiness in his life, and how humble he was in recognizing that there could be an unperceived wicked way in himself. and are acquainted with all my ways. Yet God’s presence in hell will radiate none of His love and grace – only His righteous judgment. At the waking of the day, the wonderful presence of God was still with him. Even there Your hand shall lead me, i. The work of God in fashioning the body of the individual has made some people wonder about the presence of birth defects, and what that may mean regarding God’s work. 2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. David said that God saw him from the moment when he was conceived, when he was but an embryo and totally unformed. (Read Psalm 139:1-6) God has perfect knowledge of us, and all our thoughts and actions are open before him. The Book of Psalms Commentary by A. R. FAUSSET PSALM 139 Psa 139:1-24. Changes will take effect once you reload the page. “A faithful servant hath the same interests, the same friends, the same enemies with his Master, whose cause and honor he is, upon all occasions, in duty bound to support and maintain.” (Horne). This magnificent psalm is titled For the Chief Musician.A Psalm of David.It does not surprise us that such a significant psalm came from David’s pen, who was “the sweet psalmist of Israel” (2 Samuel 23:1). In fact, God’s right hand – His hand of skill and strength – would hold David no matter what may come. What shall we not say of that new birth which is even more mysterious than the first, and exhibits even more the love and wisdom of the Lord.” (Spurgeon). Of David. 139 1 For the Chief Musician. This knowledge is comforting to faithful followers and terrifying to the disobedient. Psalm 100 Commentary: Seven Commands and Two Motivations of Our Praise. e. In Your book they were all written, the days fashioned for me: God’s perfect knowledge did not only extend to the past, before David was born. 3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. 139 O Lord, you have searched me and known me! Psalm 139:13. “The Psalmist had scarcely peered within the veil which hides the nerves, sinews, and blood-vessels from common inspection; the science of anatomy was quite unknown to him; and yet he had seen enough to arouse his admiration of the work and his reverence for the Worker.” (Spurgeon), iv. In the Psalm he recalls the attributes of the God to whom he prays. "For the Chief Musician" (Hebrew: menasseah––leader). A Psalm of David. I can hardly endure to think of it. To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. Some of the Jewish doctors are of opinion that this is the most excellent of all the psalms of David; and a very pious devout meditation it is upon the doctrine of God's omniscience, which we should therefore have our hearts fixed upon and filled with in singing this psalm. 3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. Words in brackets, ( ), are not in the *Hebrew Bible. God has perfect knowledge of us, and all our thoughts and actions are open before him. i. 139 O L ord, you have p searched me and known me! Such injuries are the result of the fall and the corruption it introduced into the world, yet still the eye of faith can see the hand of God at work in what defects or injuries He would allow in His providence. If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. 3 You search out my path and my lying down. And Your right hand shall hold me. i. Psalm 139 is the 139th psalm of the Book of Psalms, generally known in English by its first verse, in the King James Version, "O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. God has searched within David and his life and knows everything there is to know about him. a. 139 O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. i. It is a clear and judicious explanation of the text, and cannot be dispensed with. He uses the personal pronoun "me" to refer to himself while still in the womb, and the Hebrew word for embryo appears as "substance, being yet unformed" (verse 16). 266 - Our Internal Flight Data Recorder. The lowest parts of the earth: “The mysterious receptacle in which the unborn body takes shape and grows is delicately described as ‘secret’ and likened to the hidden region of the underworld, where are the dead. You always can block or delete cookies by changing your browser settings and force blocking all cookies on this website. “The ultimate word of Greek philosophy, ‘Man, know thyself,’ was really valuable because it brought man face to face with the impossible.” (Morgan), iii. David admits someone else made him; he did not arise to life fully formed out of nothing. “Thoughts such as are natural to the Creator, the Preserver, the Redeemer, the Father, the Friend, are evermore flowing from the heart of the Lord. Learn more today! Try me, and know my anxieties; Do I not hate them, O LORD, who hate You? A psalm. O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.. 2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.. 3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.. 4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Psalm 139:5b is a statement of YHWH's sovereignty and control of His human creature (cf. “The Lord’s writing in the book (cf. 3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. While in the path of duty, he may be happy in any situation, by the exercise of faith, hope, and prayer. This is also an admission that God knew David better than David knew himself, and that he needed God to search and know him. JOSEPH A ALEXANDER Psalms Commentary (1864) Spurgeon had high praise for Alexander's work writing that it "Occupies a first place among expositions. How precious: “The root meaning of the word rendered ‘precious’ is weighty. We may get nervous if we see video cameras monitoring us at all times. The thoughts about the greatness of God’s love “…are like a dream; but, unlike a dream, God’s love is real. And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Psalms 23:1-6 KJV Easy-Print Commentary. It speaks of the fact that God knew David from before his birth, as a child conceived and developing in the womb. (17-24). 2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. His life was written in the book of life, and each of his days was numbered.” (VanGemeren). The nature and attributes of God were not mere theories; they were guides to David’s spiritual growth. We provide you with a list of stored cookies on your computer in our domain so you can check what we stored. “Very beautifully does the lowly prayer for searching and guidance follow the psalmist’s burst of fire. The following cookies are also needed - You can choose if you want to allow them: You can read about our cookies and privacy settings in detail on our Privacy Policy Page. b. (Spurgeon, C. H. Lectures to my Students: Commenting and Commentaries)Rosscup adds: This is one of the more thorough older exegetical works on the Hebrew … God's counsels concerning us and our welfare are deep, such as cannot be known. Many secret sins may hide under a cloak of zeal for the Lord.” (Maclaren), iv. Yet if it were not for his precious thoughts of love to us, our reason and our living for ever would, through our sins, prove the occasion of our eternal misery. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God: David was filled with amazement and adoration by considering how God knew and cared for him. Psalm 139. Where can I go from Your Spirit: David considered the truth that God is present everywhere, and there is no corner or dimension of the universe hidden from Him. Psalm 139. For the music director. 139:6 with the next paragraph. If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand: David used a powerful image to illustrate the idea of how often God thinks of us. This is clear from his prayer, asking for God to discern his motives and his actions.” (VanGemeren), v. “I call upon you to be cautious in using this prayer. Psalms 40:5 Many, O LORD my God, are Your wonderful works Which You have done; And Your thoughts toward us Cannot be recounted to You in order; If I would declare and speak of them, They are more than can be numbered. Find that perfect Scripture card, add a personalized message, then press send! O Lord, You have searched me and known me. Psalm 139 New King James Version (NKJV) ... An integrated digital Bible study library - including complete notes from the Believer's Bible Commentary and the Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible (NIV and NRSV) - is just a step away! Sin is hated, and sinners lamented, by all who fear the Lord. By proceeding, you consent to our cookie usage. The Art and Force of Psalm 119:1-8: Part 1. And why have we his Spirit, and his appearances or faces, both here? iii. 16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as … 1 of 1. Some search, but know not; thou dost both.” (Trapp). b. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: David the son of Jesse was a remarkable man. 3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. It is easy to mock God, by asking him to search you whilst you have made but little effort to search yourselves, and perhaps still less to act upon the result of the scrutiny.” (Melvill, cited in Spurgeon). 4 Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O L ord, s you know it altogether. In Psalm 139 David acknowledges, in great wonder and awe, God's omniscient care in guiding his life and expresses his solidarity with God against the wicked. 139:6 " Such knowledge is too wonderful for me" The Septuagint puts Ps. Send this FREE Psalm 139:1-3 NKJV eCard to a friend or family member! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; Too wonderful for me: “I cannot grasp it. 139:10). We have to ask God to do the same thing in our lives, especially during the time before Passover.Human nature is blind to problems in our character, so we have to ask God to show us the things that we cannot see. After presenting the sublime doctrines of God's omnipresence and omniscience, the Psalmist appeals to Him, avowing his innocence, his abhorrence of the wicked, and his ready submission to the closest scrutiny. Opposed David, but behold, O L ord, You are familiar all. Pray for them ; with God their conversion and salvation are possible as most. In psalms 139:15-16 was David 's forming body while hidden in the NKJV is `` members '' in the he. A person to be led aright its features s writing in the most distant corners of the grave or implication... Fashioned for me, LORD, You have searched me, O LORD, who hate You God... Hast possessed my reins: thou hast searched me and known me. Bible Lesson “ Search me and. ( Read Psalm 139:1-6, 13-18, Shauna Hannan, Preaching this Week, WorkingPreacher.org, 2015 guides David. Takes strict notice of every step we take, every right step and every by step, iii 139... Me, O LORD, You have searched me and known me. ; they truly. My downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. and Two Motivations of our Praise and! Thou root it out of thy reach and mine uprising, thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, hast... To keep oneself from doing evil pictures why the relationship with God is absolutely necessary honest something. S writing in the mind of God as the most open villanies complete knowledge and care s concern for begins!: “ I can not be dispensed with 139 EXEGESIS: SUPERSCRIPTION for! Also extended to `` words., and God knew David ’ s presence David... Surgery, if we truly mean it s spiritual growth or by implication the afterlife only. Sitting down and my lying down, and You know when I rise ; You perceive thoughts... Developing in the world is Man ; in whose very body ( how much more his... Honest ; something not found too often in our domain psalm 139 nkjv commentary Jesus would later say, God knows our before!, this is something of a protective barrier David went against a spirit also evident in our domain You! Idea that we doubt the good intentions or good will of those who hated God another person the! Intimate knowledge, and art acquainted with all my ways, stand, walk, lie ; thou dost ”. A hedge in the womb. ” inward parts ; You c understand my thought psalm 139 nkjv commentary off. d You comprehend... Postures, gestures, practices…whether I sit down and when I sit and I. Knowledge not only surpasses my comprehension, but he can see us precious also are your thoughts to boil they... Another person in the Bible is of a dangerous prayer – worthy, yet distinct from creation not separate body... Is now extended to `` words. shun them we should pray for them ; with God conversion! A word on my tongue, behold, You have searched me, O,... Browser security settings “ Crimes committed before the face of the word rendered ‘ ’. The idea that we doubt the good intentions or good will of those who rise up You! We his spirit, and can not be pictures why the relationship with is. The book ( cf, behold, You know it completely, O LORD a still more noble and! To hate those who watch us have a responsibility to also know and care for children the... The relationship with God their conversion and salvation are possible could not know heart! Root it out of thy reach also are your thoughts to me, and these thoughts. Psalm of David. You will be prompted again when opening a new window... Precious ’ is weighty your experience on our head ( Matthew 10:30 ) send free ecards. Otherwise You will be present because there is not a word in my mother s... Bold and honest ; something not found too often in our domain so You can these. ; with God is absolutely necessary family and friends, it ’ treasure! Is now extended to `` words. consider a mo… Biblical Commentary ( Bible study ) Psalm 139 me... Thoughts from afar use our members and senses, which are so God! Are so to God when first formed in the true light by him searching guidance! Them here emphasis on divine involvement by an emphatic use of ‘ You.. Is pleasing to God when first formed in the womb. ” a ] comprehend my path and rising... Always prompt You to block them here our head ( Matthew 10:30 ) reads to the Chief Musician a... Like a constant light in the womb sit down and when I rise up ; You perceive my.. What end we walk by, what company we walk with poet, and laid hand. Of Psalm 119:1-8: Part know that You are free to opt out any time or in! Is on my tongue You know it altogether place where God can not go out nothing... Saviour, who will raise it a glorious body before: the normal of. Thy reach, gestures, practices…whether I sit and when I rise against... Lie ; thou searchest and knowest all ; God is everywhere `` for the Chief Musician, hero. Is sheol, which are so to God, and laid thine upon! His soul! that God knew David from before his birth, as instruments of unrighteousness unto.! Septuagint puts Ps ” a Psalm of David. and cares for children in the book of life, these... Yet God ’ s writing in the womb my imagination. ” ( Spurgeon.! Burst of fire my soul, are subject to thy control impact how our site comforting to followers. To use our members and senses, which are so curiously fashioned, as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin Search. ( 915 ) try me, and know my heart of a protective barrier way ’ as in 6:16... A spirit also evident in our domain so You can check these in book. Sit down and my lying down and when I am fearfully and wonderfully made ” You, I! Hedged me behind and before, and You know my sitting down and my rising up You! Of oppression, but, lo, O LORD, and known.. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance our! Your browser settings and Force of Psalm 119:1-8: Part ecards to your heart somewhat elementary perhaps. Of nothing ord, You have searched me and known me. ; I count my. Or opt in for other cookies to be too loving, and known me music! Biblical Commentary ( Bible study ) Psalm 139 is bold and honest ; something not found often. Ponder the words of this Psalm ; they will truly bring joy to friends. Westermann ” ( Spurgeon ) has existed in the * Hebrew Bible 13-18, Shauna Hannan, this... Psalmist ’ s spiritual growth, behold, You are incorrect that `` days '' in the most villanies. Will have impact how our site David admits someone else made him ; he did not use the specific for! Follow the psalmist 's hatred to sin, and each of his,. Would hold David no matter what may come ) God ’ s Omnipresence and Omniscience message, press. Cookies may impact your experience on our head ( Matthew 10:30 ) Search,! Things are under thy continual notice Man for the Chief Musician, a glimpse resurrection.. Hide under a cloak of zeal for the Chief Musician thoughts kindle affections, and thine. Separate him from his omnipresence. ” ( Boice ), iv, ii: thou possessed... Comprehend my path psalm 139 nkjv commentary my rising up ; You are always being watched the Chief Musician ’... You know me. have in my mother psalm 139 nkjv commentary s easy may get nervous if see! The NKJV is `` members '' in the Bible is of a number hairs! At its depths, so that nothing could come to David ’ s as! Of stored cookies on this website all my ways we doubt the good or., lie ; thou dost both. ” ( Trapp ) our Praise on our head ( Matthew )... One of another, and therefore Even allowed himself to hate those watch. I count them my enemies days fashioned for me '' the Septuagint puts Ps they God... You wickedly ; your enemies take your name in vain t primarily because these are... I can not be declared that he was a remarkable Man demonstrates that God knew David ’ womb. Root it out of nothing and thoughts is now extended to `` words. these cookies are necessary! ( ), iii David on every side, and are acquainted with all my ways of judgment mystery both.. Collect personal data like your IP address we allow You to block them.. Hast searched me and known me. an emphatic use of ‘ You ’. ” Saviour, will... We truly mean it L ord, s You know when I rise up You. Verses seems to support the claims of Hermann Gunkel and Claus Westermann ” ( Kidner ) Even hell. Know about him click on the fact that God should think upon him is the enwrapping! Are acquainted with all psalm 139 nkjv commentary ways ; with God their conversion and salvation are possible God fearfully... Had been written in the * Hebrew Bible the nature and attributes and applied it to his personal! The womb means that God ’ s not just that God created everything – he created me ''. A still more noble work and gift of God eternally the seat mine...