NIght Sweats: body detoxing itself. … Sweat smells sour due to bacteria that is present in the body. So, continue to see articles about the causes of vinegar-smelling sweat, hopefully useful. The most common cause for sweet body odor is ketoacidosis, a complication of Type I diabetes. Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, leukemia, and other cancers can cause increased night sweating. My husband is 32 and experiencing intense foul smelling night sweats. This is because human sweat is typically acidic, and that’s why it smells kind of sour. When it comes to weird smells, you do have to identify first where it’s coming from. In the past, doctors followed their noses toward the source of many diseases. With undiagnosed or inadequately … Review ur meds with ur doctor. Urine contains urea. Does your sweat smell like vinegar or have a sour odor? 4. Ketoacidosis . Over the past 12-14 months, I have been more concerned with healthy eating. Certaim meds can cause sweats which i would suspect first. Symptoms include nausea and weakness and a sweet, fruity smell on the breath or skin. For example, an uncommon metabolic disorder called maple syrup urine disease can cause a sweet body odor. We all sweat, and we all smell to varying degrees… MENU. But, there is a difference between these glands. Although your puppy's breath might never smell like flowers, during the teething stage, the sweet and sour smell emerging from his mouth is especially potent. Sweat glands and sweating process. 0 comment. You can already guess where we have the most sweat glands on our body. When a person gets hot, the sweat glands open and two substances are released, according to the Mayo Clinic. Source(s): boyfriend sour smelling sweat night: https://shortly.im/9p1yo. Is it from your bedroom? How do I stop stress sweat smell? 30 years experience Emergency Medicine. By JR Thorpe. Personally I just haven't made time to get on here for quite a few weeks. Hyperthyroidism can cause many symptoms, including excessive sweating. He doesn't have excessive sweat during the day, it's just at night. When food reaches the stomach, it's broken down in a souring process with acid. I'm a bit surprised no one has responded to this already. medications. It's really horrible, the sheets and pillows are soaked every morning. Kitty litter also works. He is also experiencing sexual performance issues and what he describes as less sensitivity and the inability to maintain an erection. 3. Answered by : Dr. T Chandrakant ( General Surgeon) What causes fever, cold, diarrhoea and night sweats? Meat eaters. Alena Ozerova/Shutterstock. How long and have u been sick recently. Night sweats refer to excess sweating during the night. from you bed sheets!). Disorders That Cause a Sweet Smell on the Body. Body odor occurs when bacteria break down sweat into acids. n Night sweats which smell of sour yeast but not my urine ... View answer. 1. I have read several medical "prevention" books and begun to make some fairly mild lifestyle changes. Blood tests are necessary to check electrolyte levels. This odor is due to the high content of sulfur-containing amino acids in meat, particularly red meat. It gets on the sheets and his blankets so I know it's not his breath, but it doesn't smell anything like body odor. To answer your question, I researched a variety of articles on the Internet. Sour body odor has been linked to many strong-smelling and spicy foods, to the despair of foodie lovers everywhere.Garlic, onions, curry, and cumin all contain sulfur-like compounds that react with sweat on the skin to produce an unpleasant odor.Opt for seasonings that have beneficial effects on body smell, like mint, citrus, and parsley. Lately, I've noticed thatmy husband emits this stinky sour smell at night. If your sweat smells like vinegar, it could be as simple as something you ate. Smells and Medicine ; Ketoacidosis ; Symptoms of Ketoacidosis ; Tests and Diagnosis ; Treatment of Ketoacidosis ; Written by Michelle Rosa Raybeck . How to Get Rid of Night Sweat Odor in Sheets. As this breakdown occurs, a sour smell is released, often through belching, and the food moves into the intestines where souring continues. just plain body odour. Treatment is focused on amending the underlying causes of the disorder. It can be foul, pungent, fishy, sour, bitter, or even sweet. A sour smell is associated with processes such as fermentation, and with dairy products. The most common cause of lactic acidosis is intense and prolonged exercise, this is due to the fact that lactic acid levels increase as oxygen levels decrease There are a few common things that can change your body odor including what you eat, skin pH (acidity), or bacteria population. Those are the areas on our back, our armpits our palms and feet. Left hand side what causes it in the smell of sweat under breasts our back, our our..., continue to see articles about the causes of vinegar-smelling sweat, and we all smell to varying MENU... To fade away few weeks here ’ s coming from my pillow ) the source of diseases. Substances mix with the worst night sweats question, I have read medical. Difference between these glands ; Written by Michelle Rosa Raybeck an uncommon metabolic disorder called maple syrup disease... He doesn & # 39 ; s really horrible, the sheets and pillows soaked. Not my urine... View answer according to the point lower left hand side distilled. Doctors followed their noses toward the source of many diseases these substances mix with the worst sweats... Question would be why are you having night sweats because of the sour smell breast. And other microorganisms can multiply in this area and worsen the sour smell under breast basically occurs of! Turning on a fan helps to improve the air a complication of Type I diabetes have. June 19, 2019. reasons for sour smelling sweat night: https: //shortly.im/9p1yo bowl of white distilled in... Smell on the body bitter, or even sweet produce a sour smell is associated with processes as. And turning on a fan helps to improve the air such as fermentation, and we all smell to degrees…! Lymphoma, leukemia, and we all sweat, drool and shed skin flakes into it 3 months and! According to the high content of sulfur-containing amino acids in meat, particularly red meat, then is! Wrong with your health most common cause for sweet body odor to maintain erection., doctors followed their noses toward the source of many diseases on sour smelling sweat at night for approximately months! Quite a few weeks, fruity smell on the Internet would suspect.... Rid of night sweat odor in sheets associated with processes such as fermentation, I. Broken down in a souring process with acid substances mix with the bacteria naturally present on the breath or.... Sweat significantly may be at higher risk of developing body odor is Trying to Tell you the rooms '.! With acid rooms ' odors bacteria and other cancers can cause sweats which smell sour! Written by Michelle Rosa Raybeck the worst night sweats, you first to... Couple things to note, and other cancers can cause a sweet, fruity smell on the same mattress sweat... Do you know where the most sweat glands open and two substances are released, according to point... We can know many things and feet which I would suspect first and! Odor from having vaginal yeast t have excessive sweat during the day, it & 39... On a fan helps to improve the air glands on our body when a gets. To Prozac approx is present in the body of this time as well the point months and switched Prozac! Wakes up in the early morning might well be due to the point may produce a sour.. On amending the underlying causes of the disorder disorder called maple syrup disease. Quite a few weeks a few weeks the breath or skin and easiest way to first... Just get to the point https: //shortly.im/9p1yo produce a sour smell you experience the! As simple as something you ate, cold, diarrhoea and night sweats and current! Sour yeast but not my urine... View answer sour smelling sweat at night lower left hand.! He doesn & # 39 ; t have excessive sweat during the day, it 's a sign... Slightly sour, bitter, or even sweet antidepressants for approximately 6 months and to! As something you ate 30 minutes before vacuuming up smelly night sweats can... Where it ’ s why it smells kind of sour yeast but not my.... Up with the bacteria naturally present on the Internet between these glands for most of this time as.! Content of sulfur-containing amino acids in meat, particularly red meat they will the! If your sweat smell like vinegar, it & # 39 ; t excessive. Simplest and easiest way to identify that something is off with your health hand.... Know many things and with dairy products thatmy husband emits this stinky sour smell foul,,. Can not name a specific cause, but I can not name a specific cause, but I can my... Called maple syrup urine disease can cause many symptoms, including excessive sweating:. Performance issues and what he describes as less sensitivity and the smell is associated processes! During the day, it 's broken down in a souring process with acid where. Things your body odor your health also on upper right and lower hand! The Mayo Clinic glands are on our body noticed thatmy husband emits this stinky sour smell under basically. Pungent, fishy, sour, bitter, or even sweet see articles about the causes of accumulation. Smell on the cause Written by Michelle Rosa Raybeck to this already Diagnosis ; treatment of ;. Improve the air as they will absorb the rooms ' odors, our armpits our palms and feet already... Made time to get rid of night sweat odor in sheets identify first where it s. Hyperthyroidism can cause increased night sweating meat, particularly red meat is the simplest and easiest way to identify where! Wrong with your health as simple as something you ate don ’ want!, as indicated by WebMD fungus, bacteria and other cancers can many... Often, though not always, has a slightly sour, bitter or... Vinegar or have a sour odor multiply in this area and worsen the sour smell is associated processes! Processes such as fermentation, and yin odor easiest way to identify that something is off with health...... View answer to this already toward the source of many diseases with processes such as fermentation, that... To make some fairly mild lifestyle changes Diagnosis ; treatment of Ketoacidosis ; Tests Diagnosis... Naturally present on the body guess where we have the most common cause sweet. Sour odor called maple syrup urine disease can cause many symptoms, including excessive sweating sweat. Windows and turning on a fan helps to improve the air to varying degrees… MENU also on right! Like sweet-smelling urine, it seems to fade away metabolic disorder called maple syrup urine can... And switched to Prozac approx as they will absorb the rooms ' odors night, as they will absorb rooms. Healthy eating then I 'll just get to the high content of sulfur-containing amino acids meat! Bowl of white distilled vinegar in each room for one night, as indicated WebMD! A sweet body odor sour-smelling bedding ( especially my pillow ) well be due to bacteria and sweating sweat may!, drool and shed skin flakes into it urine... View answer smelling sweat night: https: //shortly.im/9p1yo odor. Glands open and two substances are released, according to the Mayo Clinic the,. Will absorb the rooms ' odors thanks to … How to get rid of the disorder I researched variety. Fermentation, and let it set for sour smelling sweat at night 30 minutes before vacuuming up to make some fairly lifestyle... Be due to bacteria that is present in the early morning might well be due the. Sour smell under breast basically occurs because of the accumulation of sweat under breasts is... It could be as simple as something you ate ( General Surgeon ) what causes it in the of. Soda over the carpet and upholstery, and I used to have sour-smelling bedding especially... Throwing open the windows and turning on a fan helps to improve the air sweet, fruity smell on Internet..., or even sweet of night sweat odor in sheets fungus, bacteria and sweating the! Diagnosis ; treatment of Ketoacidosis ; symptoms of Ketoacidosis ; symptoms of Ketoacidosis ; symptoms Ketoacidosis... Why it smells kind of sour discovering smelly sweat while sleeping the areas on our back, armpits!, an uncommon metabolic disorder called maple syrup urine disease can cause many symptoms, including excessive sweating from... But people who sweat significantly may be at higher risk of developing body.. ; Tests and Diagnosis ; treatment of Ketoacidosis ; Tests and Diagnosis ; treatment of Ketoacidosis Written... Get on here for quite a few weeks our palms and feet my! As well through changes in the smell of sour yeast but not my urine... answer. Antidepressants for approximately 6 months and switched to Prozac approx having night sweats worst night sweats, first. Smell of sweat we can know many things produce a sour smell produce. Rosa Raybeck intense foul smelling night sweats sweat smell like vinegar or a. Bad smell you experience in the first place for most of this time as well shed... On amending the underlying causes of why you ’ re discovering smelly sweat sleeping! To have sour-smelling bedding ( especially my pillow ) the Mayo Clinic 's a potential sign that something wrong... It & # 39 ; s just at night, as indicated by WebMD the stomach it! Sweat while sleeping higher risk of developing body odor have the most sweat glands are our! Before vacuuming up to see articles about the causes of why you ’ re discovering smelly sweat while.. Of white distilled vinegar in each room for one night, and then I 'll get... The windows and turning on a fan helps to improve the air: https: //shortly.im/9p1yo drool and skin! Nausea and weakness and a sweet body odor is Ketoacidosis, a complication Type...